Yao Shan Center
Other (see details)
Assistant for Acupuncture Clinic & Chinese Herbal Dispensary
Yao Shan Center for Chinese Medicine is hiring an assistant for a supportive position for its acupuncture clinic and Chinese herbal dispensary. This is an opportunity to work in conjunction with senior acupuncturists in a vibrant holistic medicine center on Farragut Square in Washington, DC. The position provides the chance to learn practical skills in a clinical patient care in a healing atmosphere.
About Us: Yao Shan Center for Chinese Medicine is a well-established and thriving acupuncture and Chinese herbal pharmacy. We are seeking an organized individual to facilitate the practical aspects of our patients’ experience.
This position is a lively combination of administrative and interactive tasks. As administrative staff you set the tone for the patients’ healing experience through scheduling, email and phone communications and front desk interactions. There is an application of awareness to the clinic’s maintenance in room management and inventory. The position supports the practitioner with notetaking, diagnostic photos, and recordation of acupuncture point and herbal formulas. The position supports patients through adjunctive Chinese medical therapies as directed by the practitioner.
This is a great opportunity to increase your knowledge of Chinese medicine, and its application.
If you are passionate about healing, expanding your knowledge base and enjoy working and growing in a vibrant clinic, we want to hear from you.
Job Type: We have immediate openings for part-time assistant support.
• Assist acupuncturist with patient notes, diagnostic photos, acupuncture point recordation.
• Provide support in patient interaction and communications.
• Schedule appointments, track payments and support patient records with EMR software
• Management of clinic emails and phone messages
• Prepare treatment rooms and stock clinic and pharmacy supplies.
• Coordinate Chinese herb dispensary orders, and their shipping and pick-ups.
• Collaborate with practitioners and support staff to ensure the clinic operates smoothly.
• Previous experience in healthcare office, massage or other healing arts is preferred but not mandatory.
• Interest in holistic perspective and a mature professional demeanor.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently.
• Ability to convey a positive ambiance compatible with a healing environment
• High attention to detail and ability to track responsibilities
• Willingness to take direction
• Flexible and adaptable to assignments and initiatives.
Please email a summary of related experience, resume, and any questions to:
Yao Shan Center for Chinese Medicine
910 17th St., NW, Suite 1020 | Washington, D.C. 20006
(202) 822-4664 | email@example.com | evanrabinowitz.com